B12-drops, family, methylcobalamin MecobalActive®, 500 µg, 10 ml
16.58€ Price excl. VAT: 16.58€
ONLY 3 INGREDIENTS:
- result of dedicated product development
- good absorption methylcobalamin (B12) MecobalActive® – one of the purest vitamin B12 forms produced in an environmentally friendly way
- methylcobalamin is the safest form of B12 for infants, toddlers, pregnant and breastfeeding women
- 1 bottle = 5 cents to Children´s Charity Foundation in Estonia 🙂
- TESTED B12 content
- suitable from birth
- pink colour -> easy to see if a drop is missed (decreases the risk of underdosing)
Read more about vitamin B12 from HERE and HERE.
Ingredients: Purified water, vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin), lemon juice (<1%)
grown without synthetics pesticides and fertilizers
1 drop or according to doctor´s instructions includes 500 µg of vitamin B12*
*20 000% daily reference intake for adults
Product is meant for oral use for absorption via intestine or it can also be used under the tongue (absorption via mucosa).
10 ml bottle includes about 165 drops.
In case of low vitamin B12 level normal treatment is 500 mcg daily for 1 month.
Absorption of vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 is absorbed naturally via intestine (from food). Vitamin B12 is absorbed around 2 mcg by active mechanism and in addition 1% by passive mechanism through the whole small intestine area. In case of supplements, it is the passive mechanism that plays the key role. The active absorption of vitamin B12 differs greatly from other water-soluble vitamins: first B12 binds with intrinsic factor, IF, glycoprotein in the stomach and then gets absorbed in the final part of the small intestine, ileum. From 500 μg of vitamin B12 actively 2 μg is absorbed and in addition by passive method about 1% is absorbed (4,98 μg), total absorption is around 7 μg.
Daily recommended dose (absorbed vitamin B12) according to age (National Institute for Health Development in Estonia):
6-11 months: 0,5 μg
12-23 months: 0,6 μg
2-5-year old: 0,8 μg
6-9-year old: 1,3 μg
10 year old and adults: 3 μg
In stock (can be backordered)
There are no reviews yet.